[Tagging] Stolpersteine tagging scheme problem

Daniel Koć daniel at xn--ko-wla.pl
Sat Aug 25 01:11:16 UTC 2018

W dniu 25.08.2018 o 02:49, Paul Allen pisze:

> I did some searching pretty much at random and found
> https://www.openstreetmap.org/node/4892971695 which has
> memorial=stoperstein + memorial:type=stolperstein, which is one way of
> handling the problem.

Dual tagging of a single feature is just a workaround (not a "tagging
for rendering" though, because it doesn't lie about reality) and I bet
this is done for rendering it on OSM.org (by OSM Carto).

But since a direct reason for this change is proposed change in OSM
Carto rendering (making Stolpersteine less obtrusive, like plaque),
there will be no more a need to do this.

I also think it could help other data consumers.

> So it would be nice if whatever you decide doesn't break that.  Have a
> word with lutz - he's a nice guy.

Thanks. He has already responded in this thread as the one who has
chosen historic=memorial + memorial=plaque + plaque=stolperstein (as
opposed to 4 others who prefer historic=memorial + memorial=stolperstein):

https://forum.openstreetmap.org/viewtopic.php?pid=712055#p712055

--
"My method is uncertain/ It's a mess but it's working" [F. Apple]