[Tagging] addr:street=* combined with place=square, name=*

Johannes Singler johannes at singler.name
Sat Aug 25 07:17:56 UTC 2018

Am 15.08.2018 um 11:35 schrieb Martin Koppenhoefer:

> sent from a phone
>
>> On 15. Aug 2018, at 07:43, Johannes Singler <johannes at singler.name>
>> wrote:
>>
>> I'm just saying there is no absolutely blatant one-to-one
>> correlation addr:street<->highway
>

> I would say there is, and in the other cases, addr:street is not the
> right key to put the address component. Use addr:place for the
> defined cases and addr:full for the rest.

In a city like Basel, all addresses consistently have an street name and
a house number (and there is a consistent list of all of them).
IMHO it does not make sense to tag them differently depending on what
feature they reference (the reference is even just by name, not even by
ID, so there might be even multiple features named like that).

Well, maybe I should just augment the squares with pedestrian streets,
and give the street name also to the footpath in that park, that would
solve the problems as well.

Johannes