[Tagging] Stolpersteine tagging scheme problem

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Sat Aug 25 17:05:15 UTC 2018

sent from a phone

> On 25. Aug 2018, at 15:46, Paul Allen <pla16021 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> [lutz]
>> Thanks. He has already responded in this thread as the one who has chosen historic=memorial + memorial=plaque + plaque=stolperstein (as opposed to 4 others who prefer historic=memorial + memorial=stolperstein):
>

> Since lutz is the main driving force behind heritage=* and historic=* and related tagging, his opinion is informed.

there is no definition for the plaque tag and I am not able to deduct a system by looking at the values:
https://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/keys/plaque#values

Most used value is “metal” which would fit for a stolperstein as it is quite unspecific. (no plaque=stolperstein yet). metal=stolperstein??? Would mean we would have to add 4 tags for a stolperstein, as opposed to the current alternatives each with 2 tags:
historic=memorial
memorial=plaque
plaque=metal
metal=stolperstein