[Tagging] Stolpersteine tagging scheme problem

Andy Mabbett andy at pigsonthewing.org.uk
Sun Aug 26 17:43:00 UTC 2018

"On 26 August 2018 at 14:22, Martin Koppenhoefer <dieterdreist at gmail.com> wrote:

>> On 26. Aug 2018, at 13:18, Andy Mabbett <andy at pigsonthewing.org.uk> wrote:
>>
>> Please tag any Stolperstein that you add to OSM with the equivalent
>> Wikidata "QID".

> Does Wikidata have an item for every Stolperstein (i.e. where osm could use the “wikidata” tag)

Not yet (at the time of writing, it has 6009 of them), though the
intention is to do so. I should have said:

   Please tag any Stolperstein that you add to OSM with the equivalent
   Wikidata "QID", if one exists; or feel free to create a new item

>, or which are the tags we use in osm?
> subject:wikidata?

That can be used, if an item exists for the person commemorated. If
the item for the Stolperstein exists, with ink to the item about the
individual, then "subject:wikidata" is redundant, and can be regarded
as optional.

--
Andy Mabbett
@pigsonthewing