[Tagging] why do we discourage leisure=skatepark/skate_park?

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Thu Aug 30 18:50:22 UTC 2018

Once again I stumbled across a warning which discourages these leisure=skate_park and skatepark on the sport skateboard page because of low usage, but with the only alternative “pitch”. If you can speak about pitches in this context, I would expect a skatepark to often consist of more than one “pitch”.

My preference is for skatepark without the underscore, seems most used although currently not in osm ;-) (look at tag history to see automatic changes resetting it, numbers are very low, certainly discouraging the tag doesn’t help)

https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Talk:Tag:sport%3Dskateboard

what are your comments?

cheers,
Martin