[Tagging] Tagging suggestions for electricity

Philip Barnes phil at trigpoint.me.uk
Fri Aug 31 11:55:07 UTC 2018

On 31 August 2018 12:40:15 CEST, seirra <general at sarifria.x10.bz> wrote:
>here anyway, the networks are more than happy to show an area map and
>generally they don't change. as the resident can choose just about any
>of the energy companies however, that would take a bit of asking
>around.
>i've never tried asking companies so perhaps they would give the data
>out,
That would be a huge breach of trust if a company was to provide personal customer information to an organisation.

It would most likely be illegal in the EU and land the company with s fine, not to mention loss of customers.

Whilst network areas are public knowledge, it would be wrong to add such personal data to individual premises mapped in OSM.

Phil (trigpoint)