[Tagging] Tagging suggestions for electricity

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Fri Aug 31 22:52:14 UTC 2018

On 01/09/18 07:51, Graeme Fitzpatrick wrote:
> Going back to the original suggestion, wouldn't it be much simpler
> just to say this house / building has power connected / available:
> electricity = yes / no? :-)
>
> Could this actually be set up as a country default?
>
> eg in Australia, UK, Western Europe, US "most" buildings will have
> mains power of one type or another connected, while in less developed
> countries eg a lot of Africa, "most" buildings wouldn't?

If the requirement is for an indication that electricity is connected ..
then that should be easy to verify and map.

electricity:connected=yes/no  would be a good tag. It does not lend
itself to tagging other things, and is clear in meaning. I supose some
will tag electricity:connected=yes/no/single_phase/three_phase and
possibly other things .. I would discourage that.