[Tagging] antenna use key to replace some of the antenna type

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Sun Dec 2 02:05:23 UTC 2018

On 02/12/18 05:49, Colin Smale wrote:

> On 2018-12-01 03:31, Graeme Fitzpatrick wrote:
>
>> Yep, this
>> https://www.google.com/maps/@-28.1021508,153.4242644,3a,60y,177.95h,111.88t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sEcT3AiOK4QyKpuF45oC9Aw!2e0!7i13312!8i6656
>> <https://www.google.com/maps/@-28.1021508,153.4242644,3a,60y,177.95h,111.88t/data=%213m6%211e1%213m4%211sEcT3AiOK4QyKpuF45oC9Aw%212e0%217i13312%218i6656>
>> is a 2-way radio antenna of some sort, & that's about all I'm
>> qualified, & interested :-), in saying!
> How can you see it is 2-way? AFAIK that is not a function of the
> antenna itself, but of the equipment connected to it, probably down in
> the building below in this case.

Given the costs of erecting such a mast (council permission, materials,
erection etc) .. I'd think that it is 2-way, not economical for a simple
receiver. .

Reception only antennas don't have to deal with much power - meaning
they will not have to have large currents and voltages.
So some antennas will be distinguished visibly for reception ve
transmission, at lest for any reasonable power level.

P.S.
Graeme I'd tag it as a man_made=mast with humm the wiki says
tower:type=communication ... but would not mast:type=communication be
better? Use both and cover all bases?

(Shakes head .. 'type' again!)