[Tagging] Can OSM become a geospacial database?

Sergio Manzi smz at smz.it
Wed Dec 5 23:42:31 UTC 2018

/air == water/ is one of those things that makes me really smile and think on how wonderfully diverse we are...

but your examples are different to what I thought. In my examples it would be:

    natural:ID=air
    water:ID=danau

which I understand it would be overkill and probably better served by automatic translation.

But you know, different languages/cultures have different sensibilities on how two things may be diverse (/once someone told me that Eskimo people have dozens of different names for "snow"/), so maybe there could be two things that for me and you are both a "pond", but for a Russian are two different things that must be distinguished...