[Tagging] emergency=control_centre

Stefano Maffulli smaffulli at gmail.com
Sun Dec 9 17:12:04 UTC 2018

On Sun, Dec 9, 2018 at 8:16 AM Paul Allen <pla16021 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Ambulance stations
> (like fire stations) are places where people should be aware that high
> speed emergency
> vehicles may suddenly appear from.

This is a factor but not the main one for using emergency=fire_station or
ambulance. These amenities and buildings are *resources* that are useful
during or in the aftermath of disastrous event. The reason why I would want
to map the building where ambulances and firestations with the emergency
key, instead of the building or amenities is that this information has
practical value for disaster preparation and response.

This conversation made me realize that the wiki page could use some more
details on the scope of the emergency key, IMO, to also help mappers.