[Tagging] emergency=control_centre

Javier Sánchez Portero javiersanp at gmail.com
Mon Dec 10 08:03:37 UTC 2018

This also occurs here in Spain with some forest fire services finding more
valuable and precise data about forest tracks and it current state in OSM
than in any other place. I personally know of some people working in
emergency related services that are interested in using OSM and became
mappers for this reason. I agree that this feature could be better
described under the office tag, but office=control_centre is too vague and
generic. It should be better office=emergency_control_centre. May be this
way will be sufficient for a search if it is improved a bit (search
emergency=* and *=*emergency*, instead of search emergency=* only) and the
additional secondary tag emergency=yes would we duplicated and unnecessary.

Javier