[Tagging] Benefits of namespaces

Sergio Manzi smz at smz.it
Mon Dec 17 01:36:58 UTC 2018

Hello,

You are mixing correct namespacing (like railway:switch) with... mistaken namespacing (like hydrant:position).

Now, for the reasons for namespacing and just as an example (/it is not the only good reason.../), think about documentation: the documentation for describing a power switch should not be intermixed with the documentation describing power switches. The railways people got that and they did what I think they had to do: to namespace their switch. You didn't (/if that was you.../). Big mistake, IMHO: not all the switches are your switches...

Sergio