[Tagging] how to map soft story/soft storey buildings properly?

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Mon Dec 17 22:17:41 UTC 2018

sent from a phone

> On 17. Dec 2018, at 14:36, Sergio Manzi <smz at smz.it> wrote:
>
> So, to be clear, you are ok with soft_storey being a sub-key of building:structure (and hence building:structure:soft_storey=yes/no),

It is at least debatable, I know there are some people who love long structured tags, although this idea is in a minority in Osm tagging, most people do not use tags like this. It doesn’t seem necessary in this case to use a structured name, I would not expect other “soft_storey”s in different domains.

The bigger problem could be verifiability. OSM is about crowd sourced geodata while this property seems to require expert capabilities and additional information you cannot get non-destructively on the ground?

Cheers, Martin