[Tagging] Trailhead tagging

Peter Elderson pelderson at gmail.com
Fri Dec 21 11:54:35 UTC 2018

I would like to revive the trailhead proposal,
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/trailhead

After discussions in the Dutch user community, a list of all Dutch
trailheads was compiled and systematically entered as nodes tagged
highway=trailhead, name=<official trailhead name>, tourism=information,
information=board or map. Many trailheads were already present in OSM,
there we just did some additional tagging.

In the US, trailheads are all maintained on OSM by a national operator.
Japan has lots of trailheads, I don't know how they are maintained. In
Europe, no systematical OSM-tagging appears to take place, except for the
Dutch base.

I think it deserves a push.

Any thoughts on the matter?

--