[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - Top up

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Thu Dec 27 14:25:26 UTC 2018

sent from a phone

On 27. Dec 2018, at 11:44, Simon Poole <simon at poole.ch> wrote:

>> much easier to evaluate than one like:
>> some_services=foo;characteristic_I_need_to_know;bar
>
> This is being directly disingenuous, because what is a actually being
> proposed is
>
> characteristic_I_need_to_know:random_string=yes
>
> .... 1000+ more random strings.

usually what you want to know is whether you can top up your mobile phone, not if any kind of top ups are provided, so what you call “random string” is actually your mobile phone service provider, i.e. it is part of the characteristic you need to know. Maybe this could lead to 1000 different keys globally, in a country like Italy it is more like 5.

Cheers, Martin