[Tagging] Tagging for an American Wild & Scenic river

Dave Swarthout daveswarthout at gmail.com
Sat Feb 3 00:44:36 UTC 2018

I asked this question last week of the OSM Help community:

I'm looking for tagging that will indicate that a particular river in the
United States is a "Wild and Scenic River" as defined by the Wild & Scenic
Rivers Act. I have searched with Overpass for waterway=* that also has a
scenic=yes tag but it turned up no results. Can anyone provide some
guidance and/or examples?

I got one response that talked about tagging the area surrounding such
rivers, a wilderness corridor of sorts, which was useful but beyond the
scope of this first inquiry. I'm looking for a way to tag the river itself.

I'm turning to the tagging community now for advice.

Cheers,

Dave