[Tagging] How to tag sports halls?

Hufkratzer hufkratzer at gmail.com
Thu Feb 8 12:42:27 UTC 2018

8.2.2018 09:20, Selfish Seahorse wrote:
>> IMHO we should suggest both, building=sports_hall for any sports hall building and leisure=sports_hall if it is also used as a sports hall.
> This seems to be a good idea to me.

We can suggest / allow both, but I if the building=* tag is mandatory
for sports halls I still can't see the reason why the tag
leisure=spots_hall should be mandatory too. If we have something tagged
with building=sports_hall + sport=multi then we already know that it is
a sports hall that is used for multiple sports. In this case the tag
leisure=sports_hall only adds  the information that the hall is mainly
used for leisure purposes, and in the case of a school hall this is not
even accurate since school isn't leisure. (The same applies, of course,
also to leisure=pitch, but for outdoor pitches we need leisure=pitch as
the physical tag, building=pitch is not available.)

---