[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - Ski jumping

yvecai yvecai at gmail.com
Sat Feb 10 12:57:15 UTC 2018

Hi,

I just figured out somebody removed piste:type=ski_jump on the
Pyeongchang facilities because the tag is 'still a proposed feature'.
Strange thing, but then here I am again in the proposal process.

https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Ski_Jumping

I reopen the RFC informally opened on a previous thread in 2014:
https://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/tagging/2014-January/016284.html,
with a goal to ask for a vote in the following weeks.

The proposal offer to map the ways or area dedicated to skiers along the
piste:type scheme. Physical features of the facilities are also
described, so that we can safely apply the widely used (586 ! keep in
mind the number of this type of facilities over the world)
sport=ski_jumping to an existing feature.

All specialized tags (piste:type=ski_jump, piste:type=ski_jump_landing,
man_made=ski_jump and sport=ski_jumping) are already in use.

On a personal opinion, I have found this scheme easy to map, and easy to
render at Opensnowmap.

Yves