[Tagging] wayside shrine tag definition page

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Mon Feb 12 19:02:14 UTC 2018

sent from a phone

> On 12. Feb 2018, at 18:55, Kevin Kenny <kevin.b.kenny+osm at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> The key aspect is that it is a pilgrimage site

nice research on “shrine” in catholic law, but we’re discussing “wayside shrine”, which is, as I understand it, not any shrine with a way nearby (because every church has at least one way leading to it, and we don’t tag churches with wayside shrine). I’d read it as a term of its own.

Also, our definition tries to cater for different religions (but I’m not sure if it is actually used for other than catholic places)

Cheers,
Martin