[Tagging] Default values for residential roads and living streets

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Mon Feb 12 23:32:10 UTC 2018

On 13-Feb-18 08:16 AM, Bill Ricker wrote:
>> Nearly all the residential roads in my part of the world should default to lanes=2.
> What drives me crazy is in my neighborhood, the residential roads are
> physically wide enough for 3 lanes, but with parking lanes on both
> sides, and some are still signed for two-way traffic. Winds up being
> like a one-lane two-way bridge ... Ooops.
> And that's before snow narrows things ...

Snow? What is that? :)

I too live in a narrow street.
People park illegally on the road verge blocking pedestrians so they have to walk on the road .. making things worse.
People take extreme care on bin day to get their bins emptied.

The only world wide default I know of is:
All people are stupid ... from time to time.  :))