[Tagging] Proposed features - RFC 2 - Pressurized waterways

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Thu Feb 15 02:47:16 UTC 2018

On 15-Feb-18 08:41 AM, François Lacombe wrote:
> <mailto:61sundowner at gmail.com>>:
>

>     If this is dual tagged with man_made=pipeline then it would be
>     better as a property tag as Martin suggests.
>

> What do you mean with "dual tagged" ?
Having two main tags... when it is  pipe and tagged man_made=pipeline
the suggestion/proposal is to add an additional main tag waterway=*

Getting tired of searching for the proposal .. here is a link ..
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Hydropower_water_supplies

>     In this way the pipeline tag can also use the property
>     'pressurised' .. and that property could be expanded to include
>     numbers.
>

> The tag pressure=* is here for that, the value can be given in bar
> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:pressure
>
> This is pretty easy to get this value for a penstock : pressure =
> (elev up - elev down) / 10 in bar

Are all of these these proposed waterway=pressurised in pipes?

You can gather I find the proposal confusing...

Talk of canals  and .. they are not part of this?

If these are all pipes .. then waterway=pipe would be a good
description, use pressure=* as a tag for the pressure.