[Tagging] wayside shrine tag definition page

John Willis johnw at mac.com
Sat Feb 17 10:37:24 UTC 2018

Tomoya - Thanks for the translation help! I wasn't expecting that.

 This particular building is 300m into the forest, at the top of a small hill, accessed only by a walking trail. I assumed it was a shrine for the hill it is on. Would a Mikoshi be stored so far away from the road?

I know of several portable shrine storehouses (two story tall "garages" for the large wagon-style ones used in Omama and Kiryu), but I do not know a lot about the smaller mikoshi carried by a few people.

Is "building=garage" standard tagging for mikoshi storage buildings of any size?

Javbw.