[Tagging] Proposed features - RFC 2 - Pressurized waterways

Fran├žois Lacombe fl.infosreseaux at gmail.com
Wed Feb 28 10:07:10 UTC 2018

Hi Martin,

> on a side note: there's the tag
>
> historic=aqueduct
>
> for the mentioned ancient Roman aqueducts.

I would rephrase it as "ancient parts of Roman aqueducts
(tunnels/bridges/canals)".
Given problem is we intend to map landmarks with words referring to way
other things.

Aqueduct should be a term only used on relations involving different
physical man made structure like pipeline, tunnels or bridges.
waterway=aqueduct would woth it on type=waterway relations

This : https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/File:Pont_Du_Gard.JPG
is only *part of* an aqueduct, not the aqueduct itself.

All the best

Fran├žois