[Tagging] tagging for decaying features

Kevin Kenny kevin.b.kenny+osm at gmail.com
Wed Jan 3 22:31:52 UTC 2018

On Wed, Jan 3, 2018 at 5:24 PM, Richard <ricoz.osm at gmail.com> wrote:

> > Repurposing is a part of the life cycle that the Wiki article does not
> > appear to contemplate.
>
> I have changed the wiki article to mention this. However most of the
> current use of "historic:*" seems to be for other purposes so it is easily
> a bit confusing.
> For your kind of use the "date namespace" may be an alternative.

If I had any idea when the schools went out of service! I'm really
not up to doing the historic research; they've not been schools
in my memory (and I'm an old man).

I was mostly trying to clean up no-longer-schools
that came in from the GNIS import, and didn't want them to be
deleted altogether when they're still visible on the ground.