[Tagging] cycleway:both=no in StreetComplete

Fernando Trebien fernando.trebien at gmail.com
Thu Jan 4 01:22:02 UTC 2018

Tag absence has never been defined clearly in OSM. Some think of it as
meaning "the tag has the default value," others think "the value of the tag
is still unknown," which seems to be the most common understanding (that's
why noname=* exists).

I always add tags in their default value to express that the value is known
and has been surveyed, cycleways included. (though in the case of cycleways
I usually only add them around existing cycleways to avoid confusion and to
prevent mappers - especially those using iD - from combining sequential
ways without getting a warning)