[Tagging] Kerbs

Selfish Seahorse selfishseahorse at gmail.com
Sun Jan 7 19:12:30 UTC 2018

Not, it's not ideal, you are right. It's just an idea to create some
order, because the current kerb scheme isn't ideal either. Even if
only three out of four wheelchair users were satisfied with
`mountable`, `semi-mountable` and `non-mountable` this would be a step
forward, in my opinion. Besides, I didn't think of these values to be
a replacement for kerb:shape, but an addition.

However, if we want to make the current scheme more usable, it is
necessary to also specify the angle of inclination for sloped kerbs
(and maybe kerb ramps too). Compare the following two kerbs, which
have the same shape, but a different level of accessibility:

<https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/File:Sloped_kerb.jpg>
<https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/File:Kerb-45deg.jpg>

Regards