[Tagging] AutoEdit rename roof:slope:direction to roof:direction

User Rebo user.rebo at gmx.de
Mon Jan 8 16:07:23 UTC 2018

Hello Taggers,

what do you think of renaming all *roof:slope:direction* to
*roof:direction* as the first one is not an official tag and has the
exact same meaning as the second.

Usage:
roof:direction -> 12 025
roof:slope:direction -> 7672

Discussion was here: https://forum.openstreetmap.org/viewtopic.php?id=31481

/The problem is that new map renderers would have to support the
unofficial tag./

I never did such renaming. What further steps I have to take (I already
read the auto edit wikis)? What tool is good for this? Or should someone
else resume the bulk renaming?

Added already a section for this topic in Wiki:
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Talk:Automated_edits

In addition could may rename all roof:ridge:direction to 90 degree
rotated roof:direction, but it's not that important.

Thanks for your help and your opinion,

Rebo