[Tagging] Short-term parking zones

Stefan Nagy stefan.nagy at posteo.net
Sat Jan 13 19:21:38 UTC 2018

Hi,

in Vienna, Austria parking space management has turned entire districts
or large connected parts thereof into short-term parking zones (see
[1]).

To me it seems that there has to be a better way to map these zones than
to tag every street therein with the same (sometimes quite complicated)
parking:condition-tags. And since Vienna isn't the only city with big
short-term parking zones I wanted to ask for ways how to solve this
problem.

First I was thinking about implicit parking:condition-values used on all
streets in these zones, something like
parking:condition:both=AT:ViennaSTPZx ('x' because right now there are
three different short-term parking zones in Vienna), in this case I
thought
we could document these implicit values in the wiki. Then on the
Austrian
mailinglist (german thread '[talk-at] Wiener Kurzparkzonen', see [2])
the idea
was brought up that we could use relations with all streets in these
zones.
Maybe type=site relations with parking:condition-tags…?

I hope someone here was confronted with a similar problem before and
found a good way to map big parking zones.

Thanks,
Stefan.

[1] https://www.wien.gv.at/english/transportation/parking/shortterm.htm
[2]