[Tagging] Difference between lighthouses and beacons

marc marc marc_marc_irc at hotmail.com
Sun Jan 14 13:59:10 UTC 2018

Le 14. 01. 18 à 14:47, Janko Mihelić a écrit :
> a lighthouse can be an area with a seamark node at the place where
> the light is.

theoretically the difference seems correct to me.
but if someone just wants to map a lighthouse, he'll do it with a simple
node. you cannot require that anyone who wants to add a lighthouse must
have a sufficiently accurate source to be able to see the area used by
the lighthouse.
Therefore, when the lighthouse is mapped as a simple node,
it seems normal to me that the seamark tag is on the same node as the
lighthouse.

Regards,
Marc