[Tagging] AutoEdit rename roof:slope:direction to roof:direction

User Rebo user.rebo at gmx.de
Mon Jan 15 22:09:05 UTC 2018

Hello,

there are some news on this topic:

1) rename roof:slope:direction to roof:direction
I contacted some people who used this tag, unfortunately only one answered till now. It seems there's no problem, as it is more a habit of old days. The precise values derive from own calculations, and no (tagging-)software needs to be changed so far.
One note: I saw some objects which had both tags, but with the same value. So maybe in this case only keep "roof:direction".

2) change roof:ridge:direction (for double-sloped roofs) to 90 degree rotated roof:direction
Tordanik works for OSM2World, where this tag is in use and answered in forum:

> That change wouldn't be a problem for OSM2World. In fact, OSM2World
> already uses the same code for both roof:ridge:direction and
> roof:direction anyway, just with a 90° rotation beforehand.

Here the additional requirements:

Convertion table for "roof:ridge:direction" tag values:
E -> N
NE -> SE
SE -> NE
N -> E
S -> E
NW -> NE
W -> N
SW -> SE
NNE -> ESE
NEE(invalid) -> SSE
SSE -> ENE
sw -> SE
yes(invalid) -> no proposal, but occured only 1 time

Results in Overpass for double-sloped roofs with "roof:ridge:direction" tag:
gabled -> 1120 ways
hipped -> 100 ways
half-hipped -> 68 ways
gambrel -> 9 ways