[Tagging] Sidewalks and cycleways as tags vs as extra lines

Volker Schmidt voschix at gmail.com
Tue Jan 16 13:24:11 UTC 2018

Filtering out separate cycleways that accompany roads would be plain wrong.
A bicycle router should get me on cycleway (and off the road).

Double tagging, i.e. cycleway=track on the road plus a separate parallel
highway=cycleway is only undesirable. I remove the redundant cycleway=track
when I encounter it.