[Tagging] Proposed definition for surface=cobblestone/sett/paving_stones

Tobias Knerr osm at tobias-knerr.de
Mon Jan 22 17:59:11 UTC 2018

On 22.01.2018 17:25, Fernando Trebien wrote:
> - sett: hewn stones with flat top (...) [2] (...)> - cobblestone: hewn stones with slightly arched top (...) images [3]
and [4]

I don't believe requiring mappers to make a distinction between these
two is a good idea. Let's look at your images:

> [2] https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/w/images/e/ec/Dscf1641-800.jpg
> [3] https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/68/Kasseien.jpg
> [4]
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/bf/Guzow-oryszew_road_cm03.jpg

If I read your mail correctly, you suggest that [3] and [4] belong in
the same category, while [2] is a fundamentally different surface type.

But when I look at these, [2] and [3] feel a lot more similar to each
other than [4] is to either of them.

Yours,
Tobias