[Tagging] Mapping metro (subway) stations

yo paseopor yopaseopor at gmail.com
Fri Jan 26 09:13:20 UTC 2018

 Hello
 I have a problem. I was remapping subway stations in Barcelona (Spain),
following https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Metro_Mapping . Also I was
connecting the stations with some indoor mapping, with corridors as ways
and tags with levels, basically, but they doesn't appear in OpenLevelUp for
example, instead of having the correct tags because they are not areas
(like station in https://www.openstreetmap.org/node/5307549252) . Then I
started to change the concept station combined with an indoor=room and make
it an area instead of a node (like
https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/555806662#map=19/41.38741/2.16943&layers=D )
to looks reasonable and more realistic. In OpenLevelup looks acceptable (
https://openlevelup.net/?l=-1#19/41.38738/2.16900) but Mapsme subway
validator (http://osmz.ru/subways/spain.html) says no way. What is the
correct way to tagging it? I am not agree with the fact that one data is
not compatible with the other . I believe in "don't map for the render" but
I am not sure what is the correct way to map it. So Can you tell me your
opinion about that?

 Thanks
 yopaseopor