[Tagging] nautical channels

Volker Schmidt voschix at gmail.com
Sun Jul 1 09:39:34 UTC 2018

No, the question was about the canali in the open lagoon, which are marked

On 1 July 2018 at 09:08, Martin Koppenhoefer <dieterdreist at gmail.com> wrote:

> the question here was about the Canali in Venice, usually no buoys there,
> but man_made banks.
>
> No, my question was not about the canali in Venice, which are essentially
waterways between islands that are inhabited.
I realise I was not clear enough with my definition: my question was about
navigation channels in the open lagoon which are often, but not always
marked by wooden delimiters ("briccola" in Italian, "dolphin" in English)
as visible in this photo: [1]. That's where thay are in the lagoon [2]
(side remark: many of these are tagged as"seamark:mooring:category=dolphin"
in OSM, even though they are not for mooring)

[1] https://www.mapillary.com/map/im/fj42p-LsTwFFlrU1MLIryg
[2] http://overpass-turbo.eu/s/zYh