[Tagging] landcover=asphalt ; landuse=highway

SelfishSeahorse selfishseahorse at gmail.com
Sun Jul 15 18:08:12 UTC 2018

On Fri, 13 Jul 2018 at 15:38, Leo Gaspard <osm-ml at leo.gaspard.io> wrote:
> These tags has already been put forth in the landcover proposal [1], but
> I was just pointed to [2] where a user complained (rightfully) that the
> shape of the road on OSM mismatched the shape of the actual road.

> [2] https://www.openstreetmap.org/note/1387860

I think that the mapping of the streets at that location still doesn't
reflect reality well: I'd expect there to be separated carriageways,
which isn't the case. This also has a negative effect on routing, e.g.
see:

<https://www.openstreetmap.org/directions?engine=graphhopper_car&route=50.36486%2C4.36382%3B50.36517%2C4.36409#map=19/50.36487/4.36396&layers=N>

This is how I would map the situation:

<https://imgur.com/a/bh6vTeC>