[Tagging] Golf wiki page

Kevin Kenny kevin.b.kenny+osm at gmail.com
Mon Jul 16 20:00:33 UTC 2018

On Mon, Jul 16, 2018 at 3:46 PM Mateusz Konieczny
<matkoniecz at tutanota.com> wrote:
> landuse=forest in OSM is for tree-covered area, not for area used for logging-related purposes

And we will keep having this discussion as long as there is no tag
that denotes the latter that doesn't get repurposed for the former.
There are at least three ways to tag "this area is tree-covered:"
landuse=forest, natural=wood and landcover=trees. There is no widely
accepted tag for "land that is used for forestry." In the most recent
go-around, I even heard some users claiming that having such a tag is
undesirable, because ill-informed mappers will simply repurpose it
into a fourth tag meaning "land covered by trees." (That made my head
spin. I can't have a tag that means what I want to say because OTHERS
will misuse it?)