[Tagging] Feature Proposal - Voting - ephemeral -STOPPED

François Lacombe fl.infosreseaux at gmail.com
Wed Jul 18 08:42:34 UTC 2018

> On 18/07/18 18:10, François Lacombe wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> Sorry to wake up so late
> I find the comment of Andrew about stream=* key very interesting.
> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/w/index.php?title=Key:stream
>
> Has it been discussed already?
>
> I find it better than several keys
>

> I'd agree .. except then there would be at least 2 more keys - for a river
> and a lake ..
> It follows the syntax of the keys seasonal and intermittent that can be
> applied to any water body ..
> Sorry ...

Agree, and I understand that stream isn't the best suitable term to find a
common key for all waterways.

But from a conceptual point of view, if find better to group
intermittent/ephemeral or any other recurrent scheme in one single key.
What about flow=permanent(default), intermittent, ephemeral ?

All the best

François