[Tagging] Route maintenance tagging

Philip Barnes phil at trigpoint.me.uk
Thu Jul 19 21:06:41 UTC 2018

On 19 July 2018 20:57:20 BST, Peter Elderson <pelderson at gmail.com> wrote:
>Just saw https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key%3Asurvey%3Adate
>Since survey:date is a documented tag, I will start using it to record
>route survey dates.
>Not on ways, but on sizeable hikingdare route relations.

A date on a hiking route relation is likely to be meaningless for the reasons already mentioned by DaveF. That being they will rarely be walked in their entirety but mappers will do sections here and there.

Using an example of my local long distance route, the Shropshire Way, I have systematically walked about half of it, so far that has taken over two years. Which date do I put on the relation?

Phil (trigpoint)