[Tagging] Multiple clubs sharing clubhouse (was Re: building=clubhouse)

Marc Gemis marc.gemis at gmail.com
Fri Jul 20 04:46:01 UTC 2018

For multiple clubs sharing the same building/grounds, I would go for

amenity=community_centre
 community_centre=club_home

on the grounds/building

and one node per club inside it. Each node with its own club-tag,
name, contact info, website, and perhaps opening_hours. It's not that
different from a mall with many shops. Or an commercial building
housing many different businesses.

There is only a problem if you want to add community_centre:for=* to
the building/grounds and need multiple values. Could be solved with
multiple values with semi-colons though.

If different clubs use different areas of the ground/building and you
really want to map that, you can probably use (multi-)polygons instead
of nodes. I wouldn't map that kind of detail (yet).

regards

m.