[Tagging] building = house vs detached.

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Tue Jul 24 22:03:18 UTC 2018

sent from a phone

> On 24. Jul 2018, at 09:36, Andrew Hain <andrewhainosm at hotmail.co.uk> wrote:
>
> That's what we do with some other types of buildings.  We separate form from function.   We have industrial buildings
> and then specify the industry.

building=industrial is very poor tagging (armchair level of detail), as industrial contains storage as well as production, these two would IMHO be a minimum distinction to make sense. Clearly a cement plant is a very different kind of structure than a warehouse or a sawmill or a chip production plant. If someone maps them all as industrial because they don’t care or know at the moment, that is fine, but they should not wonder if with the time these will become more refined.

cheers,
Martin