[Tagging] Flood mark or high water mark

Robert Szczepanek robert at szczepanek.pl
Wed Jul 25 13:47:56 UTC 2018

Right Phil, thanks for this remark.
Tides are rather short-term and more predictable water table variations.
As such, seldom marked with physical signs. In Poland we found 0 within
262.

High water mark (boundary) is probably more legal term - demarcation of
water/land mainly in coastal zones. It can be found in US, GB, AU and
probably many other countries [1][2].

Big problem is very wide (misleading) meaning of "high water mark" [3].

regards,
Robert

[1]
http://www.valuergeneral.nsw.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0008/216980/Valuation_of_land_below_high_water_mark_commercial_waterfront_occupancies_July_2017.pdf