[Tagging] RFC: property for the presence of pitch markings

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Thu Jul 26 22:43:07 UTC 2018

> Please comment on this proposal for a property to denote the presence
> of pitch markings / field markings.
>
> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/pitch_markings
>
> I would particularly be interested to learn from you, if there should
> be suggestions for more detail (e.g. multiple overlapping markings,
> fainted /incomplete markings, ) to cram into the values, or if a
> simple yes/no seems more appropriate.

The basketball wiki page has suggestions for line makings ..
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:sport%3Dbasketball

lines:basketball=yes/red/yellow/*

The tag allows multiple sport lines in different colours.

I think it should only be used on paved areas, other surfaces are too
temporary unless well maintained.

---------

The leisure=pitch is not a usefull combination .. it is a 'required
combination'.