[Tagging] Missing access value (access=license / authorization?)

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Fri Jul 27 01:15:46 UTC 2018

On 27/07/18 10:45, Kevin Kenny wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 26, 2018 at 3:40 PM marc marc <marc_marc_irc at hotmail.com> wrote:
>> Le 26. 07. 18 à 19:39, Szem a écrit :
>> did you read the previous (a few month ago) thread about this kind of
>> issue ?
>> imho *=licence is included in the current meaning of *=customers
> The only outcome of that thread - and several threads on the same
> subject that preceded it - was that there was no consensus. I
> understand that you are entirely convinced that your personal view is
> the only correct one. Several others on the thread were convinced,
> equally unalterably, that this regime is a special case of
> 'access=private' or 'access=no', and a few that it was not very far
> removed from 'access=yes' or 'access=permissive'.
>
> I'm equally convinced that 'access=permit' really is a thing unto
> itself, and that attempting to force-fit it into one of the other
> categories is misguided. (In fact, that force-fitting occasionally
> comes across as being close to an admonition, "The data model is fine.
> Fix your country!")
>
> Several countries (US, CA, AU,

Add Papua New Guinea for Kokada Trail, there is a K350 fee for adults.
http://www.kokodatrackauthority.org/x,963,345,0/trek-permits-for-the-kokoda-track.html

> apparently HU) have schemes where
> government land is accessed by permit. The permits are often free or
> granted for only a nominal fee, and usually the only condition is that
> you have to identify yourself and agree to follow the specific
> regulations pertaining to the area or way in question. The permits are
> often more about getting a signed agreement to follow the rules than
> they are about collecting fees or restricting numbers.

Just use the tag. 245 in the data base now.

As for fees they can be tagged with fee= tag
As for the permit conditions .. well you could just tag permit=*

I'd just do it. Overpass turbo shows a wide distribution around the world.
It makes much more sense that some tags already on the wiki.

I may well add it to the wiki, documents tags in the data base. While small in number it does show what they are about and may help others to use them appropriately rather than inappropriately or just ignore them through ignorance.