[Tagging] building = house vs detached.

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Fri Jul 27 08:08:46 UTC 2018

On 27/07/18 17:54, Martin Koppenhoefer wrote:

> sent from a phone
>> On 26. Jul 2018, at 19:47, Sebastian <sebastian.spiess at gmail.com> wrote:
>> In Australia houses that share one or more walls with the next house (can be one or both sides) are called town houses
> town houses are a more recent variation of terraced houses. The term usually describes luxury residences (terraced) in central locations of big cities (this definition based on German context, not sure about other countries).
Correct in Australia too, they date from before WW2 at least.
Terrace houses in Australia come from workers dwellings - cheap and small.
They originally had an outside toilet, no bathroom.
Some times the end ones were bigger, the end units were certainly preferred as you had a little more privacy and a little more land along side.
There are still a number of these around, now with preservation orders on them.

2 of these would fit inside one modern town house.

More information about the Tagging mailing list