[Tagging] Let's get (quite) rid of units and their multiples in OSM values

marc marc marc_marc_irc at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 27 17:30:31 UTC 2018

Le 27. 07. 18 à 18:51, Richard Welty a écrit :
> but practically it's probably not a good idea in mapping, where i think
> we should be using local units in an unambiguous manner.

nothing prevent a editor nor a site to show "volt" next to the textbox
for voltage value nor to show "km/h or mph" next to the textbox for
maxspeed depending of the location.
it only needed to have something to tell data user if a tag have only
one unit or if the unit varies according to location (in this case, we
need again a schema to store default value (in this case unit) somewhere
with a link with osm location).

Le 27. 07. 18 à 18:52, Philip Barnes a écrit :
 > On 27/07/2018 16:20, marc marc wrote:
 >> I agree maybe with the exeption of case like maxspeed
 > And maxheight and maxwidth.

I agree that it'll be easy to not include those tag, at least to start.
it's why voltage is a very good usecase to start with it :)