[Tagging] landuse=clearing

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Mon Jul 30 12:44:53 UTC 2018

On 30/07/18 18:21, Mateusz Konieczny wrote:
> 29. Lipiec 2018 12:37 od pla16021 at gmail.com <mailto:pla16021 at gmail.com>:
>
>     It's a matter of minutes to add a relation to the wood, transfer
>     the tags from
>     the wood to relation, then add one of the clearings to the
>     relation and see what happens.
>

> In JOSM with "create multipolygon"/"update multipolygon" (select outer
> and inner, use that
>
> function) it takes seconds.

It takes hours to mark out the outside of the tree extent! Unless you
are very rough.
And then the present landuse=clearings have shared ways, touching edges ..
And then some of them are intersecting the edges of the trees and so
they have to be combined.

Tagging and relationships is the easy part.

Of course not all the inner holes have been entered by the HOT team.
So there are a few of the larger ones that really need to be plotted.

Then there are some fields that abut the tree area too. And some of the
landuse=clearing are now trees ..
Some of it follows the coast line, except when it brakes away and then
comes back.
It all needs to be checked. It takes time. If a reasonable job is
wanted. I'd certainly not want to author any thing less than good.

I'm working on it.. but it will not be done for a few days. It is not
the first time I have done it and it just takes time.