[Tagging] British term for municipal greenery?

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Fri Jun 1 07:58:20 UTC 2018

On 01/06/18 05:20, Peter Elderson wrote:
> What would be a fitting term for municipal greenery? What I mean is
> areas ranging from a few square meters to say a 200 m^2, maybe more,
> shapes varying but certainly planned, with public maintenance, most of
> the time as decorative separator strips shielding objects from sight
> or passage, or just to fill up the land. We call that collectively
> "gemeentegroen" that is "municipal greenery", because the municipality
> owns the land and and has the flora maintained by the "greenery
> service".
>
> Growth varies from just grass (as separator, not as park), large
> flower beds which are renewed every year, bushes, low trees which
> no-one would dare to call a forest, and mixtures. Thy might be bushes
> one year, grass with flowers next year, and cactus-fields next year
> because the mayor has visited Mexico.
Assume you trying to tag the use of the land?

landuse=flowerbed/garden are both present.
However if the thing changes from time to time it may be best to use a
new value ... say landuse=decorative?

If you are trying to tag the land cover then

landcover=grass/flowers/shrubs/*

Note that this tag is poorly represented in the data base so it maybe
usefull to dual tag with the misused tag natural=*

In either case you can add sub tag for operator=* .. eg name of
council/municipality/shire