[Tagging] British term for municipal greenery?

Peter Elderson pelderson at gmail.com
Mon Jun 4 20:35:46 UTC 2018

They are within blanket-type landuses such a commercial, industrial,
They are not constructions like most man_made=* objects are.
More like the gazillion other landuses within the blanket types.

It's meant to replace the many small areas now marked as landuse=forest,
landuse=scrub, landuse=grass, landuse=orchard etc.
landcover=* would be used to indicate what's on it: grass, scrub,
flowerbed, mixed_vegetables :)

2018-06-02 17:11 GMT+02:00 Mateusz Konieczny <matkoniecz at tutanota.com>:

> 1. Jun 2018 09:58 by 61sundowner at gmail.com:
> landuse=flowerbed/garden are both present.
> However if the thing changes from time to time it may be best to use a new
> value ... say landuse=decorative?
>  These are typically within other landuses,
> so I would use man_made=flowerbed or
> man_made=greenery or something
> like that.
> _______________________________________________
> Tagging mailing list
> Tagging at openstreetmap.org
> https://lists.openstreetmap.org/listinfo/tagging

Vr gr Peter Elderson
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/tagging/attachments/20180604/413e5f83/attachment.html>

More information about the Tagging mailing list