[Tagging] The endless debate about "landcover" as a top-level tag

Mateusz Konieczny matkoniecz at tutanota.com
Wed Jun 6 14:29:04 UTC 2018

6. Jun 2018 16:22 by mail at jeroenhoek.nl <mailto:mail at jeroenhoek.nl>:

> On 06-06-18 16:13, Mateusz Konieczny wrote:
>> For start - is there a well written proposal?
>>
>> Is there a JOSM preset that people can manually enable?
>>  Is there a well written issue proposing support in JOSM, iD, Vespucci (if already
>
> Good points.
>
> Perhaps I'll give it a go to write a concept for such a proposal. In addition to the landcover-proposal, the openstreetmap-carto issue on GirHub, and this email-thread, are there any other proposals and resources I should look at?

I would also try googling <OSM landcover>,  maybe also use

site:lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/tagging/

top search through tagging archives

I would suggest keeping this proposal simple - it is

very likely to end as endless, pointless discussion so if I were doing that I would propose just

landcover=trees or =grass rather than 146 different values.