[Tagging] The endless debate about "landcover" as a top-level tag

Mateusz Konieczny matkoniecz at tutanota.com
Fri Jun 8 08:25:35 UTC 2018

8. Jun 2018 00:48 by kevin.b.kenny+osm at gmail.com <mailto:kevin.b.kenny+osm at gmail.com>:

> In the meantime, there is no supported tagging to show 'forestry' as a land use rather than asserting 'every square metre of this polygon is covered with trees.'

I see no reason whatsoever to render this kind of landuse on general purpose map.

Also, anyway there is nobody interested in tagging this information, time wasted on this discussion

would allow to increase how many landuse=forestry hundredfold.

Seriously, so much time wasted on discussing landuse=forestry and it has 9[sic!] uses.